Flemish giant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachele

Reaction score
20180602_095143.jpg he is a year and half and about 7 lbs also FB_IMG_1528050529915.jpg he is 10 lbs and is 2 years old are they flemish giants but just small or under weight?

For sure, the steel grey is not flemish, or full flemish. Flemish giants never have blue eyes, and seven pounds is the average weight of a smaller rabbit like a mini lop.

For sure, the steel grey is not flemish, or full flemish. Flemish giants never have blue eyes, and seven pounds is the average weight of a smaller rabbit like a mini lop.
The person who sold him to me was very adamant that it was a full Flemish buck it was just a smaller one and he doesn't color match breed them properly

The one in the bottom picture does look at least part flemish to me. But 10 lbs would be small.

Yeah they are way to small the top one looks to be part new zealand

I've always thought flop ear means not pure Flemish??? my Flemish Giant Doe is 13.5 pounds which is a bit on the small side but for New Zealand, not bad! your boys are beautiful though. they will most likely be crossed with Flemish, which is sad if you have been told they are pure flemish. A lot of breeders do this in New Zealand...:mad:

Yes I was told he was pure Flemish Giant he was going to be a breeder but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him

I'l probably keep one as a pet because the flop eared one is very affectionate but I'm getting some pure breed with pedigrees tomorrow so that'l be my new breeding bunnies

I thought so! I just didn't want to be wrong, as I've actually never seen a lionhead rabbit for real personally! the Flemish giants you got look like they have nice ears which is what you want on them! how old are they?

Latest posts

Back