Flemish giant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommylife0924

Reaction score
I have a Flemish giant, still unsure if she’s 100% pregnant. I did witness a fall off. Today would be day 35. It would be her first litter if she’s pregnant. She acts like she is. She is eating and drinking normally. I do notice movement in her lower section by her back legs when she is laying on her side. Unfortunately I can’t feel her stomach. She only wants me to pet her and let her come to me. When I put my hand underneath she pushes it away. She has a nesting box in there. The past few days she pushed it all to one side of the box and has ripped pieces out of it. Today she completely pushed everything out of the box. She is still very friendly with me which was a change from a month ago. Every time I walk by she jumps up and wants me to play with her. She hasn’t pulled fur. I know patience is what I need to do! I just don’t want to ignore any signs I should be concerned with. I don’t know if anyone has any advice.

I have a Flemish giant, still unsure if she’s 100% pregnant. I did witness a fall off. Today would be day 35. It would be her first litter if she’s pregnant. She acts like she is. She is eating and drinking normally. I do notice movement in her lower section by her back legs when she is laying on her side. Unfortunately I can’t feel her stomach. She only wants me to pet her and let her come to me. When I put my hand underneath she pushes it away. She has a nesting box in there. The past few days she pushed it all to one side of the box and has ripped pieces out of it. Today she completely pushed everything out of the box. She is still very friendly with me which was a change from a month ago. Every time I walk by she jumps up and wants me to play with her. She hasn’t pulled fur. I know patience is what I need to do! I just don’t want to ignore any signs I should be concerned with. I don’t know if anyone has any advice.
Hi, sorry that your query hasn’t been answered so long. First time moms sometimes don’t pull fur until the very last minute but if you only managed to get one fall off then the chances are that she may not be pregnant. Did you have any kits as it is now day 38?

Hi, sorry that your query hasn’t been answered so long. First time moms sometimes don’t pull fur until the very last minute but if you only managed to get one fall off then the chances are that she may not be pregnant. Did you have any kits as it is now day 38?

Hi sorry for that! Still trying to get use to this forum. Unfortunately no kits. Maybe it was a false pregnancy? Because all the signs lined up.

I know the feeling :( virgin does are really difficult to get pregnant, don’t give up though!! Normally by try 3 you’ll have some kits 💗:)

Latest posts

Back