Flemish Giant Q & A

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica Pewtress

Reaction score
I am going to be the new fur mom to a light grey Flemish Giant makes Geoff come this February. My husband and I are very active people and despite our apartment living situation we will have Geoff hey plenty of outside time and exercise. With that being said, when we travel to my parent’s house for the day/BBQ’s/etc. we want to bring a play pen with us so Geoff may have a safe place. We are not sure how high of a metal play pen to purchase for I know when he gets older he will be long, heavy, and will jump quite high. Any Flemish owners out there to help me on a height o should buy? I was going to go with 3 feet tall unless otherwise specified! Thank you!

Congratulations on the new bunny! You will want to have the largest size you can get as Flemish Giants are... well giant! My small 3.5 pound Holland Lop can jump 3 feet. How tall is the tallest one you can get?

Hey Alyssa, thanks! I’ve had lops as a girl and have wanted a FG for about 6 years and couldn’t find a breeder/info in my area. After meeting my spouse he knew I wanted one and we both agreed it would be a good apartment pet/first animal together and were not small dog people so the FG being big enough to play with and more “dog-esk” we thought was a great choice. And then we found the kindest Breeder only an hour away who has mentored us and provides boarding if we go out of town we just got the jackpot!

Anyway, if you look on amazon on X pens they have their amazon Basics I was looking at- it ranges on size and it can come with or W/O a door. I think With a door would be good and since it’s gomma be a taller pen easier on me to get in and out as well. They can go all the way up I think 52 inches tall! We just want to also make sure it fits in our Prius for drives haha.

Latest posts

Back