Fleas!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunny.Bunny

Reaction score
For those of you who haven't seen my other posts, I have a 3 month old Holland Lop/Netherland Dwarf named Hunny.[emoji4]

I've only seen one flea on her, and have thoroughly checked her fur and use her flea brush religiously. However, I want to take extra precaution. I've heard of people putting advantage on their buns? I'm not sure how, considering they dont make advantage for buns.

Anything else I could do?

Any advice is appreciated. I I just want to do the best for her. Thanks![emoji173]20190619_154051.jpeg

If it's only one flea and you are certain there aren't more, I wouldn't bother treating. I found one flea on my rabbit once and got all worried, but then left it and nothing else came of it. But if you aren't sure and want to treat anyways, regular Advantage(not Advantage II or multi) or Revolution(selamectin) are considered safe for rabbits. I don't know if they even sell regular advantage anymore, so your only option may be Revolution, which is actually better anyways, but it's rx so you would need to get a prescription for it through a vet.

Even though pyrethrins are mentioned as safe to use in the link below, I would strongly suggest against their use as there is the possibility of it causing toxicity in rabbits. I would suggest sticking with Revolution(selamectin) as it seems to be the safest and most effective for use with rabbits.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Parasitic/fleas/Fleas.htm

Latest posts

Back