Fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have an answer, but as a newbie this is an interesting thought - rabbits get fleas? :shock: Our new and only bun (we've had him less than two weeks) is outdoors and comes in on the really hot days right now. We are working on a way to move him indoors, but I am now freaked out about the flea thing!

doodlebugger wrote:
I don't have an answer, but as a newbie this is an interesting thought - rabbits get fleas? :shock: Our new and only bun (we've had him less than two weeks) is outdoors and comes in on the really hot days right now. We are working on a way to move him indoors, but I am now freaked out about the flea thing!

Yes rabbits can get fleas, but they are very easy to treat. Kitten Advantage or Revolution are the two flea treatments that can be used on rabbits.

NEVER USE FRONTLINE ON RABBITS. Frontline flea treatment will harm rabbits, it will harm their nervous system and the bunny will be die from even one application.

My two rabbits had fleas and I treated them with Kitten Advantage, comes in orange box, for several months and the fleas are gone.

Latest posts

Back