Flea prevention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bengisudeveci

Reaction score
Should i use flea medication to prevent fleas ? It is common where i live to use drugs every 3 months to prevent fleas, mites for rabbits just like cats and dogs. If i should which drugs are safe ? advantage is safe i guess.

If fleas are prevalent where you are and your rabbit(s) are ever outdoors where they would be exposed to getting the fleas, it's up to you if you think it's needed. Though usually with rabbits you only treat for fleas if they end up getting them, as rabbits aren't usually outdoors on the ground very often, where they most commonly would pick the fleas up from.

Regular Advantage(imidacloprid) and Revolution/Stronghold(selamectin) are both considered safe for rabbits, with Revolution being the better of the two as it's generally considered safer and also treats mites. NEVER use frontline(fipronil). It is toxic to rabbits.
MediRabbit (fleas and treatment in rabbits)

If fleas are prevalent where you are and your rabbit(s) are ever outdoors where they would be exposed to getting the fleas, it's up to you if you think it's needed. Though usually with rabbits you only treat for fleas if they end up getting them, as rabbits aren't usually outdoors on the ground very often, where they most commonly would pick the fleas up from.

Regular Advantage(imidacloprid) and Revolution/Stronghold(selamectin) are both considered safe for rabbits, with Revolution being the better of the two as it's generally considered safer and also treats mites. NEVER use frontline(fipronil). It is toxic to rabbits.
MediRabbit (fleas and treatment in rabbits)
When I first got him and took him to the vet, he got flea medicine for prevention. Beacuse he was living in a garden. But now my rabbit lives indoor in an apartment. I think it is not necessary to use flea drugs.
Thank you btw

Latest posts

Back