Flaky skin in three day old lionhead.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toriiiaah

Reaction score
Hiya :)
My lionhead recently gave birth and had 4 little kits. They’re all seem to be doing fine, are wriggling and have full bellies but one out of the four has white flaky skin on the sides of her back and the back itself.

Given the current situation, I’m unable to get in contact with a vet that has any rabbit knowledge, or maybe I’m just unlucky and haven’t found one yet!
She’s had a litter before however I cannot for the life of me remember whether any of her past kits had any flaky skin in the early stages. (Definitely didn’t past day 12.)

I’ve googled a bunch to see what it might be and many things say mites, now I dont think my doe has mites but I will double check (even though I’ve never seen mites before and have no idea where to start.) a little bit later. However, I’ve seen somewhere that it can be due to being too warm, dust or that it may just be dry skin..

I’ll attach a picture and maybe someone could help me, because I am in full blown panic mode 😭

Attachments

• 9F7B55F1-6880-451A-980E-F5A97EDF116A.jpeg
    9F7B55F1-6880-451A-980E-F5A97EDF116A.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 7
No need for panic there it happens sometimes and will go away in a few days

Welcome to the forum! Just like zuppa said, it is totally normal. No need to worry.

Latest posts

Back