Flaky, dandruff like lumps on bunny's back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theodore Leonardo

Reaction score
So as we all know it's malting season right now, and Theo is quite the malter... but as I was grooming him the other day I felt a lump on his skin and on further inspection found a crusty patch amongst the fur. I assumed it must just be a patch of tangled fur and thought nothing of it, but I keep finding more patches as the days go on and I'm not sure whether this is normal during malting or if it's a cause for concern?

I'm a bit overprotective of my little bun, and quick to rush him to the vets over the slightest thing, but I'm trying to be a bit more rational now and not jump to the worst conclusions. I actually took him to the vets recently due to changes in his behaviour and the vet said he seemed in good health and it must just be a behavioural thing. Unless he missed something?

I'll try and attach some pictures asap to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about

Sorry for the rubbish picture. So far I've counted 5 like this, but I suspect there's more I haven't found yet.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9634.JPG
    IMG_9634.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back