Five bunnies bonded

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
We moved house about two weeks ago and I am still really upset that all my rabbits have to be in enclosed runs now and especially Coco and Magic haven't got the run of the garden anymore.
We were thinking of fencing off a larger section of the garden and make it a jump proof bunny area. The only good thing about the move (as regards the rabbits) is that I made more effort in bonding them. Today i have Magic, Coco, Oskar, Lint and Asha all in the same run. A few months ago that was unthinkable. There is a bit of mad chasing going on every so often but no actual fighting. It may yet be possible to have them all in a large run together as a big community. With a bit of luck I may even be able to add Raylann and Benny eventually:)

Wow! I'm VERY impressed.

Gives me hope for the 5 I have my eyes on bonding.

Wow! Sounds good so far! I wish I could do something similar.. but I think I would need more than two hands!

Hope the progress continues, keep us updated! I love big groups of bunnies, so cool to watch.

I think one buck and the rest of them girls seems to work really well. Oskar seems to be keeping the girls in line. Prior to that he was sort of flexi-bonded with either Magic&Coco or Lint&Asha.

awwwe I'm sure I'm not alone when I say "I want to see pictures!" :p

do you have any bonding tips for those of us that are new to rabbits and bonding?

Bonding two is hard. But I think bonding six is easy. :)

Somebody here posted a while ago that they just make a point of adding new guys at dinner time and the current roommates barely notice the new additions.

Of course as in any groups, you'll have the odd misfit.

I'd love to have all my rabbits in a big free run.

sas :bunnydance:

I was planning to take a video this afternoon:)
I think it helped with the bonding that we had just moved house and the garden is new territory for them. In the old house Magic and Coco ruled the garden and would only allow the bucks to hang out on their turf. The other girls were in an enclosed run.
In the new place I had them in runs next to each other initially and swapped them around quite a bit. The bonding pen was set up on "unmarked territory". I first added Magic to Lint and Asha for a while and in the end Coco and Oskar.
Unfortunately the large pen isn't jump proof so they can only be in there under supervision. I am planning to fence off an area 6mx6m. I am just shocked by the price of fencing material. We estimate that it would cost us about 150 euro or more:(

Sabine wrote:
I am just shocked by the price of fencing material. We estimate that it would cost us about 150 euro or more:(
My dad wanted to make a large run for our bunnies, but it cost way too much when we added it up!

It may work out cheaper to buy 4 of the cheap hexagonal runs they had in Lidl the other day and put them up into a huge circle:)

Here are some long overdue pictures. They are not great but give you some idea
DSC_00135.jpg

Oskar, Asha and Coco
DSC_00134.jpg

Oskar, Asha, Coco, Magic and Rusty the guinea pig
DSC_00142.jpg

Lint alone
DSC_00140.jpg

Magic
I find it hard to get them all in the picture together.

Wow, that's so great! How did you do it? Did you just have them in a huge neutral area? Were they all 5 single bunnies?

I'm so tempted to try to bond all five of mine (a trio and a pair) for one - when I move out (with how things are going, in the next year or so) it'll be a lot easier to have a group of bunnies rather than worry about having two separate large areas. Also, less grieving when the day comes one passes away.

Just not sure how to go about it without risking breaking the bonds I have, so I've just left it for the time being.. would love to have all 5 bonded though.

*EDIT - my brain is on a vacation

I think a few factors helped with the bonding:

1. There was only one neutered buck who was flexibly bonded with either of the two pairs.

2. We had just moved house and had created a large new run area.

3. All the girls are spayed and they are familiar with each other from since the were tiny. Also Lint and Magic had been bonded in the past before we got Asha.

I think I was just plain lucky:)

Latest posts

Back