First vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
I finally did it! I scheduled Nessa for an appointment at a wonderful vet's office I found to get her spayed. :time:
The appointment is Friday, and it's just a check up before we get into the nitty gritty of her spay.
I have some questions, being that I've never taken her to a vets office before... or anywhere else really. She hasn't left my house since I adopted her, so I'm not sure how she'll react to all the new sights and smells.
I want this to be as low in stress for her as possible, so any tips?
I'm probably going to take her in one of my dog carriers, maybe put a towel in the bottom. Do I need to give her any food while she's in there?
Another question: is there anything I should ask the vet in specific about the spay? (I'm going to admit here and now that I'm slightly terrified to get Nessa spayed because of the risks :nerves1, but I know it's what's good for her. )
So yeah, any tips or advice is much appreciated!!

I have no advice for the spay portion of your visit but you could ask how often they do it, if she'll get to come home or need to stay over night, and what kind of medications she'll be getting?
I know my bun does better when my OH is with and when he can't come I usually throw one of his worn shirts in the carrier and that seems to help. I would also toss in a bit of hay but wouldn't expect her to eat b/c they don't unless they're relaxed.
I also bring a treat (1/2 saltine) and give lots of pets and play some calm quiet music.
Good luck!!!!!

Put blankys that she uses at home in the carrier and some hay and pellets just to make her feel as safe as possible. Her own scents around her will help keep her calm. She will be fine. I am getting my girl spayed next Monday also.

I would make her as comfortable as possible😊 and while in the car I usually just open up the carrier and pat them (usually for my scarred buns (

Latest posts

Back