first time mum overdue by 5 days

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matslops

Reaction score
hello everyone i am needing some tips.
my mini lop oreo is 8 months old and i breed her with a 1 year old buck also minlop, on the 15th of august i saw them do 5 fall offs.
it is now the 21st of september and still no babys.
ive tried rebreeding as its been a really long time but everytime the buck trys to mate she gets really grumpy and growls at him
theres been no nest but i was looking at the floor 3 days ago there was red stuff on the hay but no babies ive checked everywhere

the doe and buck live togethor as they are pets do you thinks this could be causing her not to go into labor
please help

hello everyone
my mini lop oreo is 8 months old and i breed her with a 1 year old buck also minlop, on the 15th of august i saw them do 5 fall offs.
it is now the 21st of september and still no babys.
ive tried rebreeding as its been a really long time but everytime the buck trys to mate she gets really grumpy and growls at him
theres been no nest but i was looking at the floor 3 days ago there was red stuff on the hay but no babies ive checked everywhere

the doe and buck live togethor as they are pets do you thinks this could be causing her not to go into labor
please help

update: i added a cardboard box just incase she didnt like her nest box i provided and she is starting to make a nest i believe but no fur pulling

There's really no way to know what's going on inside her unless a vet were to do an ultrasound. It's pretty late for there still to be a chance for the kits to be born alive, though not completely impossible. It could be she's retained them, or she had them and they had died and she cleaned up and ate the dead kits. If you're concerned there's a problem with her, all I can say to do is take her to an experienced rabbit vet for an ultrasound.

http://rabbitvet.net/AustralianRabbitVets.htm

i have a feeling there coming she made a nest and she has something moving in her tummy while laying down i hope it was the babys fingers crossed.

theres in my spare room so hopefully rat free

I would remove the buck so there isn't any issue if/when the babies come.
Good luck🤞

is there any chance that they mated again after the first time and it like reset the clock its just weird there making a nest at like day 35

One of my does rather consistantly kindles at day 34 or 35, still in the range of "normal".

Ok great news she’s had a litter of 3 healthy baby’s, just took a long time but it was worth the wait I’ll post some pictures

The mum is on the right and buck is on the left

Attachments

• EAB4EDDB-C7C1-4108-BE25-D45326143EF3.jpeg
    EAB4EDDB-C7C1-4108-BE25-D45326143EF3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • D2F3BB7A-71FF-40B2-BA83-3C636AB3E49A.jpeg
    D2F3BB7A-71FF-40B2-BA83-3C636AB3E49A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Congrats on the new bunnies ♥️ Surprising, but great that everything was ok, even though it took a bit longer than normal.

Latest posts

Back