First time I've heard a clucking noise after being neutered

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altryism

Reaction score
I'm maybe being a bit paranoid, but my 5 year old rabbit got neutered on Friday. He's eating well and is acting normal. However, after coming home from the vet he clucked while eating. (I'm guessing clucking since it sounds like what's titled rabbits clucking on youtube). He now does it a few times a day, even when just laying down doing nothing He's never done it before and to me it's odd that it's right after being neutered. Anyone's insight would be appreciated as I want the best for my fuzzy baby.

Just make sure he is eating hay, and pooping. He should be fine. If his behavior changes dramatically then I would take him to the vet.

If he was intubated for his surgery, his throat could be a little sore and inflamed from that, which might be causing the odd clucking sound. If so then as he continues to recover, the sound should eventually stop. If he wasn't intubated, then I'm not sure what could be causing it, maybe inflammation in the throat for some other reason related to his surgery.

If you're concerned about it, best to phone your vet and ask them about it.

Latest posts

Back