First Time Cavity! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Bunny Drake

Reaction score
On Wednesday I went to the dentist. They told me I have a cavity and I need a filling. This is my first time being told this and I don’t know what to expect. I’m not scared for the drilling or the filling. I heard it’s not scary just uncomfortable. I’m scared for the needle. I usually have no problem with shots but in my mouth?!?! That’s a whole different story. Will it hurt? What should I expect? Should I be scared? My appointment is July 7th.

The shot doesn’t hurt a lot, myself had to pull out two wisdom teeth.

It will be slightly pain/ sting but will be over quickly. So you have nothing to be scared about. I’ve got vaccines that have hurt more, than the local anesthesia shot you get at the dentist.

Myself think it’s more uncomfortable with the drilling and that’s only because I hate that sound :3

In my country they never use laughing gas, don’t even know if you can use gas, it’s always shots.

Myself had got shots from the dentist 3 times already might be a 4 time. If my other wisdom tooth grows wrong.

Unlucky me and my wisdom teeth, stabbing in the back. Because they can’t grow how they are supposed to do.

So you have nothing to worry about the shots. In my opinion leaving blood samples to the doctor hurt a lot more.

But I can understand that it’s scary, especially when it’s your first time. Myself was 8 years when I got the first shot from the dentist. Was extremely nervous and scared. But it goes over really fast and the pain it’s only a short time.

My pain tolerance is okay. I spent a month with a knee syndrome where my knee wasn’t where it was supposed to be (patella pain syndrome) until I got my brace.

Tell your dentist how you feel, they know what to do to make you feel better. I like getting the gas before the shot but I don't need it, I just enjoy it. It's very calming. Yes, the shot is the worst part about having dental work done but it's over very quickly. My dentist holds my cheek and shakes it right when he administers the shot. Surprisingly, that helps! The second worst part about the numbing process is waiting for it to wear off so you can eat again.....ha ha! Don't be scared! Dentists are better trained than doctors, they spend years in school studying one specific part of your body instead of the whole thing. My brother is my dentist, that's what he told me.

Latest posts

Back