First show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolWaterRabbitry

Reaction score
There's a show about an hour or so away from here at the end of the month and I'm thinking about taking my Dwarf hotot buck and my havana doe.

Thedoe is nottattooed so I'll need to get that done but sheis nicely bred, just never shown since I bought her at 8 weeks and she's nearing about 13 weeks now. I'd like to see how she she would do.

The buck I'm fine with, he is already tattooed and has shown multiple times, including last month.He just turned 1.

So, how do I go about all of this? I have a transport cage/food/water crocks and such. I know that I'll have to get the doe tattooed, this last show that I bought my hotots at had a tattooer there,so maybe therewould be another at this next one (if that's normal)? I know how to pose them both, so that wouldn't be a problem. But what kind of paperwork/information do I need(if any) to sign them up? And any other tips/advice would be wonderful. :)

If you are referring to the Midland, Michigan show below is a link to their show flyer.

http://www.msrba.net/show%20flyers/ncmrba5-29-10.pdf

This show is a double show so you have the option of showing both of your rabbits twice that day and will most likely require double the paperwork. You can pick up the remark cards and entry sheets at the entry table and tell them it's your first show. People are more then glad to help out the newbies.

The main thing is listening for you breeds to be called andgetting your rabbits to the table. Take a walk around the show room and see where the judges are located. If I recall right, this show has thejudges back to back and thenmoves the judges vs the exhibitors. It can be a long day especially with Havanas and Dwarf Hotots... so prepare. :biggrin:

Oh yes, a registrar is listed to be at the show so you can pay afeeto get them tattooed. :D

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
If you are referring to the Midland, Michigan show below is a link to their show flyer.

http://www.msrba.net/show%20flyers/ncmrba5-29-10.pdf

This show is a double show so you have the option of showing both of your rabbits twice that day and will most likely require double the paperwork. You can pick up the remark cards and entry sheets at the entry table and tell them it's your first show. People are more then glad to help out the newbies.

The main thing is listening for you breeds to be called andgetting your rabbits to the table. Take a walk around the show room and see where the judges are located. If I recall right, this show has thejudges back to back and thenmoves the judges vs the exhibitors. It can be a long day especially with Havanas and Dwarf Hotots... so prepare. :biggrin:

Oh yes, a registrar is listed to be at the show so you can pay afeeto get them tattooed. :D
Oh that is wonderful! Another question though, what are all the sanctioned lists at the bottom for? And how do you enter? I'm guessing the Enter Day of Show means you do all the paperwork and pay the fees the day of instead of before?

There is a secretary's table in the show room and you can enter there at the show.

Make sure you fill out your paperwork right and know what you've got.

Dwarf Hotots (all varieties are shown together) and are shown by Senior Buck, Senior Doe, Junior Buck and Junior Doe.

Havanas are also a 4 class breed (Sr. B, Sr. D, Jr. B, Jr. D) but are also shown by in their varieties (Black, Blue, Broken, Chocolate).

From what you've said your Havana sounds like a Jr. Doe but of course, I assume you know her variety. I'm sure you know the Dwarf Hotot is a Sr. Buck. You are up in Havana country and there is normally a nice amount of Havanas in Michigan.

The sanction breeds mean if you are a member of the national clubs, you'll get sweepstake (and or) quality points for your showing if you place high enough. You can show any ARBA recognized breed at the all-breed shows.

I wish you the best of luck! I should be there but am normally busy writing for the bfand don't have to be there as early as the exhibitors. ;)

There is a secretary's table in the show room and you can enter there at the show.

Make sure you fill out your paperwork right and know what you've got.

Dwarf Hotots (all varieties are shown together) and are shown by Senior Buck, Senior Doe, Junior Buck and Junior Doe.

Havanas are also a 4 class breed (Sr. B, Sr. D, Jr. B, Jr. D) but are also shown by in their varieties (Black, Blue, Broken, Chocolate).

From what you've said your Havana sounds like a Jr. Doe but of course, I assume you know her variety. I'm sure you know the Dwarf Hotot is a Sr. Buck. You are up in Havana country and there is normally a nice amount of Havanas in Michigan.

The sanction breeds mean if you are a member of the national clubs, you'll get sweepstake (and or) quality points for your showing if you place high enough. You can show any ARBA recognized breed at the all-breed shows.

I wish you the best of luck! I should be there but am normally busy writing for the bfand don't have to be there as early as the exhibitors. ;)

Latest posts

Back