First Names by our Avatar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

agnesthelion

Reaction score
So I remember just before I left there was quite a bit of talk about how we got our first names by our avatar. There was some instruction on how to do it but to be honest, I don't even remember how to do it! Haha. But anyway, I've noticed since I've come back there aren't *very* many users with first names listed. I just wanted to make sure nothing had changed or there wasn't a new place to put first names? Or maybe people just need a reminder of where to put first names??

I dunno, I'm kinda rambling but I just want to address people the best way...sometimes I'm using first names, sometimes I'm using their screen names. What does everyone else do?

whitelop

Morgan
Reaction score
I use first names if I know them. But if I don't really "know" the person, then I use the screen name to be less casual. There are a few people who don't have their names but I remember them from when we had the old forum format. And, I use their names from memory.
I have my first name because I like when people call me by my first name rather than whitelop, lol.

Reaction score
Yours is already there, Lisa :) The setting is here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/members/member_fields.php under UserTitle and I believe it's supposed to be placed before whatever default title is there. It appears underneath your member name.

I think not many are listed because the post about it may have gotten lost. I forgot to click on it and ask for it to be stickyed, so I think it just got lost in the jumble since it wasn't an "Announcement" thread.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
Yes I know mine is there :) but I guess I should put it before my title. Which I've asked what task force is or what is suppose to go there but never get an answer....haha, but that's another topic.....

But yes, I use the first names when they are there but the ones that USED to be there I'm afraid I will call them by the wrong name or maybe they don't want people to know their first names??

Is there another place on the forum with first names??

Anyway, it's just me being anal ;)

But thanks for posting that Missy. Maybe some of the new members will see it....

Reaction score
My question is, how do I get my name back on my profile--used to be right by the avatar--I'm Larry and have been using my wife's page after I inherited her computer--she gets the new one and I get the.......well, nevermind. This is most perplexing.

Anaira

Reaction score
I just couldn't be bothered. It's just my username reversed, so no real point, lol.

Larry, you can either edit your title, or PM a mod, and get your username changed from Nancy to Larry. People'll still know it's you.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
When things got changed, my real name got left off as it's my wife's old profile which came with her (now mine) computer. Would really like to have the name back on there, as I'm Larry, not Nancy.

Haha Larry. I bet you get called Nancy alot!

Just click on the link Missy posted above. It takes you right to where you can type inn your name next to member :)

agnesthelion

Reaction score
I just couldn't be bothered. It's just my username reversed, so no real point, lol.

Larry, you can either edit your title, or PM a mod, and get your username changed from Nancy to Larry. People'll still know it's you.

Anaira

A-r-i-a-n-a

Ariana. Phew. Got it :) :)

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, the Mods and Admins had a rather extensive discussion about this when the topic first arose which resulted in your User Title being able to be edited. If you go here http://www.rabbitsonline.net/members/member_fields.php you should be able to edit your user title yourself. Please stick to the "First Name - User Title" format. For example, my title reads "Christina - Moderator" and Larry, you can edit yours to say "Larry - Member". If folks aren't sticking to this format, I'm afraid the option to edit your own user title will no longer be available.

Lisa, if you were not previously a Task Force member, I don't know why you were assigned the Task Force title. I'm not sure if Task Force members have additional editing privileges with the new software, but you can PM Austin about that.

Now, I'm going to move this to the Announcements and Support section.

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the problem with adding our names in there is that new people don't realize that they are only supposed to put their first name in there and nothing else, and that the user title isn't supposed to be changed. At least I didn't notice any sort of instructions besides the post that originally went out about it.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
Thanks Christina! I think I do have some editing privileges now that you mention it......

Anyway, I think (and hope) people are adhering to that format. At least I haven't seen any misuse ?? I did have my name at the end so I just fixed that thanks to missys help :)

Thanks for moving this, maybe more people will see it and add their names!

Latest posts