First litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renee82

Reaction score
I have a Holland Lop doe, born Aug. 19, 2019. She kindled her first litter of 2 this morning on day 32. She built a beautiful nest and pulled fur but kindled on the wire in her cage and chewed the ears on one kit and began to eat 2nd kit which looks like possible peanut. I'm thinking she was confused about where to kindle and over cleaned first kit. Any thoughts?

I have a Holland Lop doe, born Aug. 19, 2019. She kindled her first litter of 2 this morning on day 32. She built a beautiful nest and pulled fur but kindled on the wire in her cage and chewed the ears on one kit and began to eat 2nd kit which looks like possible peanut. I'm thinking she was confused about where to kindle and over cleaned first kit. Any thoughts?

I sat with her for an hour with no activity. She later kindled 3 more, I tried to warm 2 to no avail, no over cleaning with the last three:(

Holland lops are especially notorious for not knowing what to do their first litter. Back when I bred them we would just expect the first litter to not make it.

Latest posts

Back