First Christmas with Bunnies 🎄

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All!

Perhaps a little premature 😬 but I’d like to put up my tree next weekend. It’s my first Christmas with bunnies and I usually have tree lights, but not sure whether that’s possible anymore?

Has anyone tried to bunny-proof fairy lights, or should I give up on the idea? And if they can be bunny-proofed, are there any recommendations for what to use?

🤶🏼

You could put a playpen fence around your christmas tree. Or buy smaller tree and put it on table or somewhere higher so that bunnies couldn't hop on.

20 years ago, we put up a barricade around the tree (covered with fleece fabric) to block the rabbit. It wasn't the prettiest option, but did work.
1605981943101.png

The trick is to get the electrical wires out of reach.

In our current home, the tree has to sit in front of our library shelf. So I plug the lights in on top of the bookcase (lighted bookcase so there is an extension up there).

1605982558241.png

This is a little late, but I thought I would share what we did for the tree in case anybody wants to see. We used a puppy pen around the tree.

Attachments

• db8fdc63-2b11-4f57-92b6-c21e03b5f5e6.jpeg
    db8fdc63-2b11-4f57-92b6-c21e03b5f5e6.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 13
Our little guy hasn't been too bad with the tree, he did eat a small bit of it but apparently that is ok if its a small amount... its the lights I am mainly concerned about but cords are always an issue, lol.
He just keeps messing up the tree skirt! Just look at him!

Latest posts

Back