Quantcast

First Christmas with Bunnies 🎄

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

HalaBuns

Reaction score
Hi All!

Perhaps a little premature 😬 but I’d like to put up my tree next weekend. It’s my first Christmas with bunnies and I usually have tree lights, but not sure whether that’s possible anymore?

Has anyone tried to bunny-proof fairy lights, or should I give up on the idea? And if they can be bunny-proofed, are there any recommendations for what to use?

🤶🏼

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted a similar question 6 years ago! Here are some of the responses (with photos) from then...

HalaBuns

Reaction score
I posted a similar question 6 years ago! Here are some of the responses (with photos) from then...
Oh fab, thank you! I’ll take a look ☺

HalaBuns

Reaction score
You could put a playpen fence around your christmas tree. Or buy smaller tree and put it on table or somewhere higher so that bunnies couldn't hop on.
Yes, I think it will have to go on a table this year for sure!

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 years ago, we put up a barricade around the tree (covered with fleece fabric) to block the rabbit. It wasn't the prettiest option, but did work.
1605981943101.png

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trick is to get the electrical wires out of reach.

In our current home, the tree has to sit in front of our library shelf. So I plug the lights in on top of the bookcase (lighted bookcase so there is an extension up there).

1605982558241.png