First aid kit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny34422

Reaction score
Do you guys have a first aid kit for your rabbits in case of an emergency? Timothy is my first rabbit and thankfully nothing bad has happened in the few months that I've had him, but I want to order some supplies soon just in case. Also to prepare for his neuter which I will be able to schedule soon.

Are there any supplies you recommend I buy? I was looking at a guide online and already have nail trimmers, cotton balls, corn starch.. planning on getting some syringes, Critical Care, and a heating pad. Are there any items I should buy for stasis in addition to simethicone?

Also a separate question about his neuter. I know he should be confined post-op so he can recover. He currently has a spare room to himself and I planned on using his old x-pen to keep him in one area and I can watch him during the day. Would it be better for me to set up his x-pen in my room so I can be near him throughout the day AND night, or will switching rooms be too stressful for him? Would it help if I start introducing him to my room now so he can get used to it? Or am I worrying too much and he should be fine alone during the night lol

Sorry for all the questions, I've only done this with dogs. Trying to prepare myself for any emergencies and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thank you! 😄

1611197292275.png

Here are the basics.

Males tend to get back to normal pretty quickly after a neuter. I'd let him stay where he's familiar.

Not sure what you'd need a heating pad for. A rabbit would likely chew the cord anyway and of course that risks electrocution.

Ahh okay, I read online that a heating pad could help for surgery recovery or stasis so I thought it might be good to have. If it's not necessary then I will hold off on buying one

Thank you so much for your help!! I'll be sure to buy the supplies soon 🐰❤️

Latest posts

Back