Fine Dining -- Bunny Style!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
Tonight's Entree...

dinner1.jpg

Oh yummmm! Hmmmm, my son went on a field trip to a greenhouse and planted some of those flowers.....think he would notice?

Oh yummy! Almost looks good enough for me to eat! And so pretty! :D

I can't wait until the dandelions start to grow like mad. The girlslove them and cuts down a bit on the veggie cost. I'm hoping to grow alot of the rabbit veggies this summer.

Spring, the boys really enjoyed the entree tonight!

I am going to begin planting some veggies and stuff as well in just acouple weeks. I'm going to plant the boys a giganic pot of pansies justfor them. I'm also going to do a large pot of carrot tops (yep, believeit or not, you can grow just the tops!) My boys hate carrots. Weirdos.I'm also going to grow some summer squash, green leaf lettuce, tomatos,and mustard greens as well. The turtle will thoroughly enjoy theveggies too. :cool:

Ooo Pansies! Is there a specific kind thatbunnies prefer or can eat? I should grow some as well. From the goodreviews from your guys, I'm sure they will love it!

I'm still choosing the definite ones, but Iwant to growromaine lettuce, butter crunch lettuce, carrots, pansies, mint, lemongrass, basil, parsley, marigolds and strawberries. The ones that I amdefinitely growing are the lettuces, carrots, pansies, mint andmarigolds. Not sure about the rest. Will have to try and see which onesthey like best :).

I enjoy some gardening. I'd love to see a picture of your veggie gardenwhen you have it planted! I have a lot of cleaning up to do in the bedwhere I want to grow the veggies, so a lot of work!

Awesome, I will definitely post pictures as soonas it's planted. Right now, I have tons and tons and TONS of pots withplanted pansies all over the yard.

That reminds me, I am going to grow some basil and marigolds as well, I knew I was forgetting something!

I was up late lastnight when this infomericalcame on for Aerogarden, u can grow lettuces, herbs, strawberrys andsome other things. Since i live in an apartment I've really beenthinking about getting this. I think it would be awsome to have thedifferent lettuces for the buns.
www.aerogrow.com is the website

That's such a wonderful idea!! I'mgoing to talk to my hubby about getting one...would be great to givethem fresh herbs and lettuces from right in the home! :D

MBH, your babies must have loved dinner. I bet Chance went nuts.

Be careful if you are going to plant Basil in your garden, it literallyspreads "like a weed". It took over my garden two years age,I thought I pulled all the roots out (some of the roots were literally18 - 20 inches long). Last summer I still had basil coming upand again it ended up throughout the garden. I would onlyplant it in pots now.

Susan:bunnydance:

Awww! How yummy!

I wish I could grow a real garden, but I live in Arizona. It ispossible to dig away part of the lawn (almost all lawns are stoneshere) and buy some soil and plant some veggies and flowers, but to keepit living would be extremely hard for me.

I can always plant some herbs in pots and put them out on the deck, I suppose:tongutwo:.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

My sister lives in Maryland and has a lot ofwild rabbits near her home. She said they are so bold, theyjump right in the flower bed and munch on her pansies while she'sstanding right there.

She said they're so cute, all she can do is laugh and say, "I really wish you'd leave some of those for me to enjoy".

Susan, I am definitely going to plant the herbsin pots, I think I've heard that before -- about then growing all overthe place. I want to plant them a small bit of parsley too.

The boys loved their entree, Thumper and Chance finished all of their's but Harper still had a bit left last night.

Afterwards, he decided to play toss with the dinner plate. Such manners. :disgust:

That sounds more like mint to me.Basil is an anual and dies back in the winter, even here in California.It also doesn't spread. We have been growing lots of basil for yearsnow, and we've never had a problem like you describe.
Now, the mint on the other hand... that's an ongoing struggle. It seemslike once you have some in your yard, you just can't get rid of it. Notthat the buns mind :D. We cut it all down before the winter and driedit. They loved their mint hay. It's starting to grow back now.

SOOOSKA wrote:
MBH, your babies must have loved dinner. I bet Chance went nuts.

Be careful if you are going to plant Basil in your garden, it literallyspreads "like a weed". It took over my garden two years age,I thought I pulled all the roots out (some of the roots were literally18 - 20 inches long). Last summer I still had basil coming upand again it ended up throughout the garden. I would onlyplant it in pots now.

Susan:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back