Finding rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the yellow Dutch, are you referring to gold? Right now the only recognized varieties of Dutch (that I'm aware of) are black, blue, chocolate, gray, steel, and tortoise, and there's a COD for chinchilla. It's really hard to find quality rabbits in unrecognized colors that a breeder will want to sell with a pedigree, unless it's under COD, and then they'll want to be sure that you're very serious about the breed.

Giant Angoras might be kind of hard to get a hold of, too...

21cazc6.jpg

this is what i want i dont know what it's called but i found it by puttin yellow dutch rabbit

Not to be judgemental but maybe you should listen to everyone else and just start of with 2 or 3 breeds then work out if you can handle them and as time moves foward you can add more! :) Don't forget all the mess they will be making.
If you're keen on having so many though I'd recommend posting a picture of your cages so that the experienced breeders here can judge if they're suited for breeding!
Good Luck!
-Ashleigh :)

I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to make sure this is a well thought out plan.

Different areas of the country are differnt, but around here there are a lot more rabbits than rabbit homes. The shelters and rescue groups are constantly filled. From what I understand with other breeders it can be a challenge to find good pet homes for the animals that they don't need for their breeding program.

I would hate for you to be overly ambitous at first, then find out there is a much smaller market for pet homes than you thought. Then you would be stuck in a pickle trying to provide for all the babies. You are also at the mercy of your parent's wishes. I would hate for you to start breeding and have them change their mind because you can't find homes fast enough for the babies.

I would suggest you line up homes before starting to breed, at least a few so you know there is a need. This is what my friend that breed does. She has a waiting list so she knows that the babies will have homes by the time they are ready.

Just something to think about. :)

first thanks for explainin i understand what you are saying.

1sti willmakea website that way people in kansas i don't know can find me and look at my rabbits.

2nd i will take rabbits to shows with me to sell them

3rd I will tell people i know what rabbits i have fo sale

4th i will make ads for the paper and veternary offices

these are in order from okay to desprite

bunnychild wrote:
first thanks for explainin i understand what you are saying.

1sti willmakea website that way people in kansas i don't know can find me and look at my rabbits.
Does anyone know where i can make one all the places i have tried only let me enter once

i took these pictures while the rabbits were inside, so you won't see a rabbit. the water bottles are off of the cages to be cleaned.

igvuva.jpg

this is the back you can see the wood litter box and the tin roof

abpcv5.jpg

this is the front you can see the feeder, the litter box, and the bowl of hay (temporary)

bg8u47.jpg

this is a hay ball i will be getting more of these

I can't find any yellow dutch near me on the web so i made a list of the other colors i would be enterested in. in order from fav. to pretty cool: Yellow, Chocolate, Blue

Is it necessary to have two identical threads? It's a bit confusing, just saying. :)

Latest posts

Back