Finding out babies colour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunzy

Reaction score
Hello my holland lop gave birth to 5 babies 5 days ago and I’m trying to figure out the colours, the sire is a solid chinchilla, and the dam is a broken black magpie, one baby is pink with a black strip just Like mom, one is brown, one looks grey, two look black, but one has a black tummy and one has pink tummy, what colours do you think these are?

The pink/black striped one is probably a magpie, the brown is probably a chocolate, the grey is probably a chinchilla, the black one without the pink tummy is probably a solid black and the pink tummies black on is probably a black otter.
it’s hard to tell without photos. Do you have any?

The pink/black striped one is probably a magpie, the brown is probably a chocolate, the grey is probably a chinchilla, the black one without the pink tummy is probably a solid black and the pink tummies black on is probably a black otter.
it’s hard to tell without photos. Do you have any?
first one is grey one, second is brown one, third is white with strip, forth is dark one with white belly, and fifth is black with black belly.
BA0CD862-7F69-4515-B304-DA5ECE3DBF5B.jpeg
F47A4F42-AC26-4BEE-892F-5F81C11C3D09.jpeg181735FC-FE74-449A-AA7A-55D86681F1CF.jpeg83A362FE-23C0-4DD6-A3BB-4342E33A2A50.jpegD15B46CE-B44F-4DE1-86D9-B919EFFEB1C5.jpeg

The first picture looks like a blue tort, the second one a chocolate, the striped one is actually probably a harlequin, the black w/ the pink tummy is a black otter, the all black on is a solid black (I’d imagine a black self chinchilla, seeing as dad is a chinchilla)

The first picture looks like a blue tort, the second one a chocolate, the striped one is actually probably a harlequin, the black w/ the pink tummy is a black otter, the all black on is a solid black (I’d imagine a black self chinchilla, seeing as dad is a chinchilla)
Thanks I appreciate your the best! ❤️ I might post when their older to see if it changes.

Give them a week. Out of chinchilla x magpie, no full extension colors (such as tort, harlequin, or otter) are possible. You might get colors that look like solid blacks, but out of this pairing they'd actually be "self chinchilla"
So far I see what might a sallander/sable point or a frosty, one that is some shade of chinchilla or silver marten - maybe a chocolate chinchilla or sable chinchilla, one magpie, one that's likely chinchilla but maybe silver marten and one self chinchilla (the last one that looks solid black)

Give them a week. Out of chinchilla x magpie, no full extension colors (such as tort, harlequin, or otter) are possible. You might get colors that look like solid blacks, but out of this pairing they'd actually be "self chinchilla"
So far I see what might a sallander/sable point or a frosty, one that is some shade of chinchilla or silver marten - maybe a chocolate chinchilla or sable chinchilla, one magpie, one that's likely chinchilla but maybe silver marten and one self chinchilla (the last one that looks solid black)
This is true. I honestly didn’t think of some of those colors myself, but they are understandable 🤔

Latest posts

Back