Finally have my Tri!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
I have been wanting a tri color mini rex for a while now.. Well, We had a tri color kit, but someone wanted to buy her. So anyways, Sissy, my harlequin doe had her kits the other day, 6 of them.. but unfortunately she had them outside the nest box. 3 died. The other three, I was able to warm up enough. I tried putting them back in the hutch with her but noticed that she did not want them there (she jumped on them as soon as I put the box and the kits back in, and looked to be stomping on them). I tried this a couple times and same results. I wasworried that if I left them in there, they would all die as well. So, I put the three remaining kits into the nest boxwith my 10 day old kits (mostly to keep them warm) I ws going to try to get them to nurse while I was holding Sissy. Well, I went back ou, tried to do that, and it didn't go so well. So, I put them back in the box and back in Bubbles' hutch. Next thing I knew, Bubbles was in the nest box and all kits were nursing, her 10 day old ones AND Sissy's newborn ones. Yay!! They are now 2 days old and doing wonderful. All kits are warm and have full belies! :) So, anyways, in the remaining three, it appears that I have 1 tri color kit (yay!) and 2 broken red. Will post pics in a couple days.

Hooray for the 3 kits that are making it & congratulations on your tri color kit!!! Sorry Sissy didn't want her kits but so glad Bubbles is nursing them as well as her own! Way to go Bubbles! Can't wait for the pix!

Yay! That is so great! I'm sorry Sissy doesn't want her babies but Bubbles is such an awesome girl for helping those babies! Keep up the awesome work Bubbles! I'd love to see pics as well. :D

I was actually surprised with Bubbles. I was just putting the new kits in the nest box with the older ones to keep them warm. I may sneak pic or two tomorrow morning. It is so warm outside right now, I don't want to risk them getting too warm, so I am keepingthem in the nest box in the hutch where it is cooler until morning.

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on getting your tri - maybe you can keep this one! Bubbles sure is a trooper, taking on more babies! She must be Super Mom, hehe. You better spoil her a bit. :p

I, like everyone else, am excited to see pics. I love tri bunnies, the ones I've seen have such clean lines of color.

Cant wait to see pictures! My little Melvin is a tri mini-rex. He is the cutest, My dad has is brother too that is also a tricolor. It is such a beautiful color!

Unfortunately, we lost two more kits :( . But, the last one is going really well right now. It is 7 days old today. So I have hopes for him/her still. I am just concerned about weaning time. Since Bubbles' kits are 10 days older, I am concerned that this guy will be weaned too early. I am hoping not.

So sorry to hear that u lost more kits! I'm getting a doe that just
Had kits. She had 8 and killed all of them but three. Owners moved her and
The kits twice and think stressed her out is why
She kills the kits. Was her first batch as well and could
Have been that she didn't know what to do or what they were.
Possibly.

I have two tricolor mini rex does, their coloring is just gorgeous. Best of luck with the kits and post pictures soon!

Latest posts

Back