finally, an affordable CHEAP vet that does bunny neutering/spaying!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabaylon

Reaction score
I have 3 boy buns, 2 of them unneutered, and I live in the Los Angeles area. I had been searching around for vets that did rabbit neutering and most places were wanting up to $300 for surgery plus the cost of a check up prior to going under. I finally found one that would do it for $160 but even that was out of my price range. So I have been saving my pennies and have continued searching. I found a godsend!! I found a vet in Highland Park that will perform the surgery for $60; pain meds and antibiotics are an additional $20. I have not taken my boys in yet but plan to do so within the next month. No appointments are necessary; arrive between 9am-11:30 monday through friday, and your bun will be ready for pick up the next day. Check them out:

North Figueroa Animal Hospital

Find out how often they do work on bunnies for sure. The boys are easier and less expensive to do than the girls. Have a really great Vet in Oakley, but that is way too far from you. Used to cost 90 for the boys and 125 for the girls--I did get a break because mine were all rescues.

When I called to confirm the cost, they said they perform the surgery Monday through Friday. I must admit I did not ask for the price of spaying, since I do not have girls, but I assume the cost to be comparable to the low price of neutering.

I would want to know how rabbit savvy they are. Call and ask what the procedure is for rabbits. Rabbits should not be fasted before or after surgery, they should have food available at all times, the same goes for water. While the actual surgery isn't that much different than a cat, you need to make sure the vet knows about rabbits and what drugs are safe and how to give them.
A low cost neuter is great, but not if it risks your rabbits life during or after the surgery. A cat or dog could be fasted for 24 hours, but that could be life threatening for a rabbit.

Latest posts

Back