Ferplast cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeSERG

Reaction score
I'm thinking about upgrading my bunnys home. Want to buy Ferplast barn 120 cage.https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/759716
f9943f0486b6c05c29de128b261a7e1b.jpg

May be someone has that cage? Or any other Ferplast cage? How is it in usage? The main question for me is that rods are covered with some plastic and won't it harm, when my rabbit will start trying his teeth of it. And on Amazons.com people say, that rods become rusty after pets try to gnaw it.

As long you have chew toys in the cage and they get to go out, they won’t chew the cage. But those sizes of the cage are only fit for the smallest breed of bunnies.

Because they can jump, binky and play in them while a normal sized holland lop won’t have the space for that.

My ferplast cage I had before:
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_3226.jpg

Now I own the bunny cage simon instead because of the size:

IMG_5685.jpgIMG_4209.jpg

Better they have more floor area than floors build up ^^

Exercise pens are typically more cost effective and offer more space. Even with a cage like the ferplast, it would be a good idea to attach an exercise pen for more permanent space similar to these:

upload_2020-1-15_11-35-10.png

upload_2020-1-15_11-35-47.jpeg
upload_2020-1-15_11-36-8.jpeg

Either that or skip the cage and just use an exercise pen by itself:
upload_2020-1-15_11-40-6.png
2011-07-29%25252013.36.36.jpg

upload_2020-1-15_11-41-56.jpeg

Last edited:
My current cage is like 1,0*0,5*0,45. And I decide to change it to Ferplast only because it has levels and built-in house. Barn 120 is 119cm long and with that house on the floor the will be approximately 1,0 meter of free space.
Hermelin, did your bunny damage rods of the cage? I mean it's coverage.

My current cage is like 1,0*0,5*0,45. And I decide to change it to Ferplast only because it has levels and built-in house. Barn 120 is 119cm long and with that house on the floor the will be approximately 1,0 meter of free space.
Hermelin, did your bunny damage rods of the cage? I mean it's coverage.

My bunnies don’t chew the cage. They just chew the toys and branches. So the whole cage is safe, but my bunnies are only in the cage during the night or when they can’t run free. So they don’t have the habit to chew the cage.

Extra levels don't really count toward running space since it is broken up, as Hermelin mentioned. And 1 meter of space isn't enough for permanent living.

In other words, the ferplast cage is only suitable for temporary housing (like just at nighttime), unless the rabbits have all day access to a run in addition.

My Gingerbread destroys cage every time when we're going to sleep and every morning when I go to job. He ignores branches and toys at that moment. The only thing he wants is freedom, but I can't let him out. My wife late him out later in the morning. So anyway I'll face a problem of gnawing rods.

You can cover the cage with cardboard along the walls or set up fleece blankets where he chew.

It will be a lot safer for his teeth and the cage won’t be destroyed.

I used fleece blankets for my bunny when he was neutered. During the recovery, he got the habit to chew the cage. But with the fleece blanket he would instead dig on it.

Latest posts

Back