Female Rabbit Urinating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren78

Reaction score
Hi There,

We adopted 2 bunnies about three months ago, from two separate homes. Thunder is a 1 y/o boy (fixed) and Misty is a 2.5 y/o girl (unfixed). They both bonded well, are about the same size, never fought, and were living together within 2 weeks of moving in.

The girl is very passive & relaxed and the boy is more of a teenager! So far, it appears the girl is more dominant. She is always the one demanding the grooming, although for the rest there is no other obvious signs.

Here is where I really need some advice as these are my first bunnies… For the last two weeks, Misty our girl rabbit has been peeing/pooping everywhere! She has always been litter trained but that has completely gone out of the window! Both rabbits are acting really strange towards each other. There is lots of humping going on (mainly) from the boy and he is constantly nipping her and hogging the food. The girl is not acting aggressive back but will occasionally hump, chin, pee and continue to demand grooming.

My guess is that they are still trying to establish dominance. Or do female rabbits do this at the beginning of spring? I can live with a bit of falling out, but the peeing is become quite a problem.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thank you,

Darren

Its spring time, hormones rage, territories need to be marked, tunnels built. Intact does have quite a scope of seasonal behaviour.

Rabbits hump each other to show dominance. They pee everywhere to mark territory. To stop the humping, get the rabbits sprayed. Sprayed rabbits won’t hump and they won’t pee everywhere.

Latest posts

Back