Female peeing on my male.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigglebread

Reaction score
I figure this is something again that she's doing by marking territory? I started this bond late last month and I will say territory droppings a long with mounting have slowed down but still present. She's mounting him and then I notice his back is wet a long with a small puddle on my carpet *ew*. I wonder if there is a way to stop this or should I just let it be? She's also peeing on the floor of the cage a tad still I guess, it's less but I think most of it may be from her mounting and peeing on his back..

I hate going to handle my boy and he stinks of pee all the time @_@ They really do get a long overall though, with grooming exchanged, she just still feels the need to pee on him while mounting :pullhair:

Last edited:
Is she spayed? And is he neutered? If not, you should consider getting her and/or him altered. This will take care of a lot of territorial behavior and may be a solution to your problem.

He's been fixed at 4 months and now 7 months old I believe, she's been fixed probably 2 or so months ago? I adopted her and she was previously under foster care so that's done. Sometimes she shows so much energy that I question if she is spayed but I trust the rabbit rescue I got her from. She does litter train well it's just around him she sometimes pees on his back. They don't know her age, they guess around 2 years old, I suppose I can always ask when she was spayed..

Perhaps being so far down in age has made it a bit harder on her to kick old territory habits? I think she gave birth to a litter of rabbits maybe before she reached the shelter. The reason I thought that was because her kind of large dewlap and her nipples are more poked out? I know nothing really of that area though just thought it might have to do something with her behavior and past.

Last edited:
It seems when I sent a question to the rabbit rescue on her spay papers and when she was spayed they couldn't find any.. They said they believe they accidently adopted me an unspayed bun and are willing to take all the costs on. I'm a bit shocked but relieved because I always felt for some reason in the back of my head she seemed too hormonal. Also happy I asked because god knows if I went for a few more years and she got a cancer :(

Lol, well it's no wonder she's peeing and humping him! Yeah, good thing you thought to ask. Not so good on their part to miss that.

Lol, well it's no wonder she's peeing and humping him! Yeah, good thing you thought to ask. Not so good on their part to miss that.

Yea, I always joked on thinking she wasn't spayed with her behaviour and thought well this is just the way she is. Little did I know..lol:shock2:

Latest posts

Back