Female baby rabbit humping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinibunny

Reaction score
Do female rabbits hump or should I be concerned? they are about 11 weeks old and we will be going to the vet next week for check up and making sure they are both girls. Caramel just started courting Oreo running around in circles around her and humping her just don't want surprise babies.

yes, females do. i have a doe that humps more then my bucks. (but none of my rabbits are fixed so....)

Mounting eachother is one way rabbits establish a hierarchy between themselves and is normal behavior, for example, when bonding rabbits. Still, it's a good idea to get yourself established with a vet who they can see for routine wellness checks, spays, etc.

Can't spay the girls its illegal here. Its good to know it's normal behavior. Thanks for the reply!

I was JUST going to post the same question! I thought maybe the pet store told us the wrong sex because Cappuccino is 6 months old and has begun mounting our legs-I was a bit worried! I've been thinking of getting her spayed.

Yup - Clemmie's just become hormonal, and has chased Felix around a few times trying to hump him... resulting in him chasing her trying to mount to re-establish his dominance. :panic:

Latest posts

Back