Feels good when you know they are going to a great home!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
Well as many of you know I am pretty much starting over with my mini lops. Leaving Monday for the 8 hour(round trip) drive to pick up my new five Mini lops. Two bucks and three does. Very excited too. But that said, I had five bucks and two does I needed to find new homes for. I am happy to say, mission accomplished, and I am quite happy with where they are going.

Especially happy for Alfie. Some of you may remember Alf, He is a gold tipped black steel buck, that was born her on September 23rd 2011, his dad is Alex and his mom is Eva. At the end of November we sold him and two of his brothers and two of his sisiters to a local pet store. You may remember when I found out that at 3 months old they still had two bucks and two does together in a small 3' by 2' cage, and that they had pulled out each others fur so bad they thought it was mites. They took them to the vet instead of calling me, but when I found out I offered to take them all back, they agreed, but sold one of the does before I got there. SO I took back Alfie, Alaska and Ester (they had been named before they even left). They looked terrible and Alfie looked the worst. You couldn't even tell what color he was he was missing so much fur. But wow was he friendly. He wanted and still wants to be held all the time, if you turn him loose he will run up to you and put his paws up on your leg, like PIck me up! I have tripped over him a billion times as I try to do chores. And his name should be Houdini, he is now kept in the biggest metal dog crate I can find, because.... He can open, and or excape every cage I have. Cages with doors that swing in, and cages with doors that swing out, Cages with doors that swing up, down, that are hooked with spring latches, the turn latches and even one hooked with the latch from a dog chain! When I go out to do chores he gets turned loose and runs around digging and trying to trip me until I am done, when I simply pick him up and put him back in his crate.
I know there is no way he can ever be confined to the 2' by 2' cage of many breeders, I know he would do best in a house, as a valued member of the family. The problem was, finding someone who wanted that. But I did.
Tomorrow Alfie and his brother Apache (who never left here) will got to a family who lives in an apartment. They have an appointment made already to have them both neutered. She has read everything there is to read about bonding, but is prepared to house them separately if it fails. They plan to house train and eventually allow them the freedom of roaming the apartment.

Alfie's hair is almost compleatly regrown now and he is quite the handsome guy. I hope to snap a couple pictures of him tomorrow before he leaves.

here are some from when he was a tiny baby, and when he first came back from the petstore.

SmithsALF3.jpg

ALFMinilopbuck3months2weeks.jpg

ALFMinilopbuck3months2weeks2.jpg

ALFMinilopbuck3months2weeks3.jpg

Aw. He's handsome. It does feel good when you know how happy one of your bunnies is going to make someone and to think how happy they will be

Good for you. It just warms my heart to hear that a breeder went to this length to make sure her breeding kits were safe and secure.

Wishing Alfie and Apache a sweet life and a good home.

Also excited for you on Monday. Wishing you a safe trip and can't wait to see your new lops.

K :)

Thank you. I hadn't even advertised Alfie as I had planned to have him neutered and litter trained before i offered him as I wanted him to be an indoor house bunny. But when this lady called and the more I talked to her ( she called five times in two days!) the more I felt like it would be a great fit for Alphie, she had decided on Horatio and Apache, and I said they would do okay, but maybe she would be interested in Alfie, I explained his personality, and said I would send a picture. She decided to take him and Apache instead. Then her friend fell in love with Horatio from the picture.
They are all in their carriers now, ready to go. I did okay, only teared up when putting Horatio in. He will always be my baby.

I hear you! I teared up loading up Lego and Barbie, too. It is amazing how attached you become. Once in a while I walk past their cages (which are still empty)and expect to see them, lol.

Latest posts

Back