Feeling gas balls move in tummy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankthefrench

Reaction score
hi,

My poor baby of 13 weeks has gas, i guess in English you call it GI stasis.

I went to the vet on wednesday and got him some bowel stimulating meds and critical care food.

He has been eating and drinking very well luckilly, and pooping a ton, but only at night. Still he has a lot of stomach pains in between the good moments. If he gets a painattack, he lays all stretched out and likes me to hold his tummy. I give him some gentle massages. But when I do lay my hand on his tummy I can feel these huge balls of gas moving, they are the size of marbles. It feels realy uncomfortable for him. I can’t read anything about it online. Does anybody has the same experience? The balls are really on the surface, I don’t have to push or anything to feel them...

I’m glad he doesn’t seem like dying anymore, but these pain attacks and gas balls really scare me sometimes.

And, is the pooping only at night normal? He starts at like 7pm and poops until I think 4/5am. When he does poop, it’s a normal daily amound, but just whitin those few hours. Even though he eats just fine during the day.

I am still pretty conserned.

I’ve never been observing my bunnies when they poop. Only that they have a normal droppings amount during the day and the stomach feel okay.

If your bunny will have often gas problem, make sure to have baby gas drops which you can give to your bunny to help it with the gases in the stomach. In my country it’s called miniform but don’t know if it have the same name in other countries :3

I’ve never been observing my bunnies when they poop. Only that they have a normal droppings amount during the day and the stomach feel okay.

If your bunny will have often gas problem, make sure to have baby gas drops which you can give to your bunny to help it with the gases in the stomach. In my country it’s called miniform but don’t know if it have the same name in other countries :3
Just to add to @Hermelin's post: in the US, we call the gas drops Simethicone.

Yes, over here in the netherlands we have Infacol. I have him on the bowel stimulating meds the vet gave me sinds wednesday night. It’s monday night here now. It’s starting to drive me insane. I’m going to buy the babydrops tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

The main problem is that he stops moving everytime, and I’m running around annoying him with trying to make him move and putting hay in front of him. After I make him move he drops some poops and feels better for a minute, bit then drops down and stretches again..

Latest posts

Back