Feeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pupertin

Reaction score
My two rabbits are six months old and until fostering three other rabbits, I hadn't realized they don't really. Go thru hay as fast as I hear they should, they are six months old. Both altered. When I pet them I can feel their vertbrea. Is there something to help bulk them a bit?. Tbey chew on baseboard, door frame, corner doors. Not the chews. I buy and don't seem that ravenous in hay, its a mixed oxbow Timothy and orchard grass, as well as their offered pellets with wild flowers mixed in.

Last edited:
About how big are they and how much of the pellets do they eat per day? What brand and type of pellet do you feed? Approximately how much hay do you think they eat in a day, compared to their body size(eg. a pile the size of their body, half the size, quarter)?

About how big are they and how much of the pellets do they eat per day? What brand and type of pellet do you feed? Approximately how much hay do you think they eat in a day, compared to their body size(eg. a pile the size of their body, half the size, quarter)?
They get fresh hay everyday in a hay holder brand is oxbow Timothy Hay orchdgrass mix, pellets are a herbal pellet mix on Amazon. They are tiny I included pictures both same size the pellets I feed twice a day maybe half a cup sprinkle in their forage Ben they seem more interested in baseboards and surfing the table.

Attachments

• 75ead05e5d367a85dc771c4625268ab5.jpg
    75ead05e5d367a85dc771c4625268ab5.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 4a9d2974346aee1a5915ac46a506877c.jpg
    4a9d2974346aee1a5915ac46a506877c.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 0
  • eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpbWciOiJfNGFjNDI1Nzk0ZDU5M2EyYWZiYjZjMTE2ODZjODUyZmUifQ.geF8j5rezbd6Io...jpg
    eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpbWciOiJfNGFjNDI1Nzk0ZDU5M2EyYWZiYjZjMTE2ODZjODUyZmUifQ.geF8j5rezbd6Io...jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
They don't look underweight, you are supposed to be able to feel their vertebrae. Do not try to fatten them. Try different types of grass hay and reduce the pellets.

They don't look underweight, you are supposed to be able to feel their vertebrae. Do not try to fatten them. Try different types of grass hay and reduce the pellets.
Okay thank you I'd found these loviels in a trash bag in larkust admit only ever kept rats, dogs, newt, budgies cats but never have had bunnies I love them though

Okay thank you I'd found these loviels in a trash bag in larkust admit only ever kept rats, dogs, newt, budgies cats but never have had bunnies I love them though
Thank you for saving these poor souls!

I don't see the hay holder. What kind is it? Many are not appropriate because they make it too difficult for buns to get to the hay. This can discourage adequate hay eating. The hay should be provided in a big pile (can go on top of their litter).

Latest posts

Back