Feeding Schedule?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishingstar

Reaction score
I'm sorry I've been asking so many questions! It means so much to me, though, how helpful you all are!

I'm curious if I should be feeding Astro on a schedule? So far, I've been feeding him his pellets and his veggies at random times throughout out the day. A friend of mine feeds her rabbit his pellets at set times twice a day, but for some reason it hasn't occurred to me to ask her if there's a reason she's so adamant about it.

Astro gave me quite the scare today when I noticed he wasn't pooping as much as he normally does, and a few of the pellets were a lot smaller than the others. Immediately, I gave him some lettuce soaked in water, and then I made a trip to the store to buy a pineapple. Everything seems to have returned to normal, but I'm still keeping an eye on him, and I don't understand what could have caused him to show early signs of GI stasis.

Could there be a correlation between these two things? Or, do I really just need to calm down? 😖

It doesn't matter really, but bunnies can tell time so if you stick to a schedule your bunny will get accustomed to it and be very upset if the food is late - that's probably why your friend has to stick to hers!

Poop does vary and unless it's been consistently small and sparse for 12 straight hours, I wouldn't worry. He was probably just napping and let his belly empty out a bit. More hay is usually the answer to poop problems, pineapple is said to help with breaking down blockages (no poop at all).

I have a tendency to let my anxieties get the better of me, and today may have been an example of that. He seems to be fine. 😅 Thank you for your response! It's lifted a weight from my chest! 😁

Latest posts

Back