feeding problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
I'm having trouble seeing how much Layla is eating of her pellets, she constantly digs them out. every night she does it, or during the day while i'm at work. therefore i don't know how much she is eating, anyone have any ideas of how to get her to stop digging out the pellets?

oh and i can't find anywhere that lists turnip greens, are those ok to feed?
-how much do you guys usually feed a day? a couple bowl fulls or is that too much?

one more question, not food related: where do you buy the mesh/screen type to put over the litterbox so they can't dig up their litter? i'm having a heck of a time w/ my girl!

thanks so much everyone!:biggrin2:

Sounds like your girl is a digger. My bucks are good at digging out their food, but so long as it remains in their hutch, they can still get to it to eat it if they want. Maybe it's a way of making it more interesting for themselves.

Mybuns get half a bowl of pellets a day, apart from my doe and kits who get as much as they need.

I don't know about anything else though, sorry.

Mine don't get quite a bowl full, I'd say almost half, but their dishes are quite large in diameter and deep. I'd say they get 2 1/2 handfuls a day. I'm not sure of a way to keep her from digging them out of the bowl though.;)

Turnip greens can be fed, they are higher in calcuim then say Parsley or the varieties of lettuces.

You can get the screen canvases cheapest at Walmart, or at any craft store.

Good Luck with your girl!:D

Yep, I use the knitting screens over the litter to stop my guys from eating it and digging in it.

Also you can try a J-feeder. That might stop her from digging it out..

lgfeeder.jpg

Also since she's a digger - maybe give her an outlet for her digging to she will dig there instead of inthe food/litter.

I give my guys old phone books that they like to dig at. Charlie for a while had a digging box that was just a buge tupperware container used for storing things under your bed with some playground sand in it. That has been the biggest hit as far as toys go, but I tok it away cause it was a bit messy. :)

Nadia

What about getting her a feeder that's higher up and attached to the wall of the cage?

Something like this.

There are also metal ones...maybe check to see if there's a tack and feed place near you? They usually carry things like that. Anyway, the above site is REALLY good...we just ordered and received wonderful Water Buddies from them. :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

Latest posts

Back