Feeding bunny veggies throughout the day?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up the pellets and some litter from tractor supply. I'm getting her first thing in the morning tomorrow, I'll post a thread with photos :)

I got the bunny today in the morning! I'm going to post a new thread in Rabbit Registry as soon as I can get some good photos :) For now, I have this photo:
711639BB-0432-4A75-90DF-FFC295CFDFD6.jpeg
I'm also trying to decide on a name- right now my ideas are Starling, Ember, and Dahlia. Which one of those names do you guys like? Do you have any other name suggestions? :)

I got the bunny today in the morning! I'm going to post a new thread in Rabbit Registry as soon as I can get some good photos :) For now, I have this photo:
View attachment 55198
I'm also trying to decide on a name- right now my ideas are Starling, Ember, and Dahlia. Which one of those names do you guys like? Do you have any other name suggestions? :)
Congrats! She is so pretty! I love the name Dahlia!

Hello!
I am getting my first bunny this week (I'm really excited!) and have her meals planned out - 1/2 cup veggies and a little pellets in the morning, and the same in the evening, with hay accessible throughout the day. However, I live with 2 sisters and my mom wants to be able to feed the rabbit some vegetables throughout the day, when I will be at school. (scraps from meal prep) I didn't really like that idea, just because I don't know how many and which veggies she will be getting, and I'm concerned that she might get too many/the wrong veggies and get a bit sick.
Should I be worried about that? And is it unreasonable to not allow my family to feed my bunny a bit of vegetables when I'm away? Assuming she is being fed safe veggies, is it okay for my family to feed some vegetables to my bunny while I'm away?
I was also thinking of measuring out the day's pellets in a container and allowing people to feed her what was in the container throughout the day. Is that okay as well?

Thanks! :)

I would not have your family give your rabbits scraps through out the day just to make sure your rabbit can not handle some stuff right! My rabbit's schedule is a bowl of vegetables in the morning and then around lunch time I give him some pellets and for dinner I give him some more vegetables for dinner. Sometimes I give my rabbit a treat and I always make sure my rabbit has hay 24'7 all day. Hope it helps. :)

-Bunbun71

View attachment 55198
Congrats, She is adorable!

She/the bunny (I'm going to keep saying "she" and "her" until I decide on a name-) is super outgoing and friendly, and since she did not seem fazed at all by me I took her out to play today! She did a bunch of binkies and zoomies!! I love her so much! 😍
I'll send the video in tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back