Feeding a 3 mo old...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
When i got my bun i feed him pretty much 24/7 hewas very thin he now is filling out nicely my ? is how much pelletsshould he be getting now?? He is a mini lop and about 3 mo old.

Bunnies should get free feed until about 4 months.
You can then adjust the amount to be appropriate for their normal weight.
Veggies can be introduce at around 6 months.

~Jim

JimD's right...be sure your bun is gettingalfalfa pellets, and some form of alfalfa hay as well as Timothyhay. All three should be given in an unlimitedsupply. You can give your bun alfalfa hay cubes if you preferthat to the actual hay. Just make sure that the cubes don'tcontain anything other than the hay itself.

When I rescued Flower (who is two months old), she was severelyunderweight and malnourished. She's plumped right up with theabove diet. :)

Glad to hear your baby's already doing better.

Let us know if you have any other questions, ok? :)

Otherwise, keep us updated on your bunny! :bunnydance:

ok so I should give him alfalfa with the timothyhay he is already getting??? Then stop giving him the alfalfa at4mo?? And whats normal at 4mo to feed 1/2 a cup or less??:ponder:

Here's my best suggestion...to do some reading here on the site. :)

I would suggest first of all to check out the Rabbit 101 sectionof this site. It contains TONS of invaluable information andresources about bunnies, and was an awesome help when I first got myMaisie. When I was considering getting her, I did loads ofresearch on here and asked lots of questions (feel free to check outall my posts for anything you might have questions on). Thisis literally the best site I've found on the web to handle any and allquestions about rabbits.

First of all, I want to give you the link to the page that contains allthe links the site has to offer about "Feeding Your Rabbit".

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12046&forum_id=17

And from that site, here are some links that should help answer your questions:

This one has a very good layout of what to feed at what ages.This is the main site to their information. Click on "diet"to see the listing per age.
http://www.carrotcafe.com/index.html

This one is good as a guide for potentially harmful foods and giving in good moderations:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/diet.html

Other than that, you might just read through all the links that FeedingYour Rabbit page on this site has to offer. It'll answer alot of your questions about Bunny Diet.

If you come to something you don't understand, or you have ANYquestions, feel free to ask! We're all here for each other! :)

Hope all those helped! :)

Txs when i got my other bun he was older 4-5 moold he is now almost 3YRS and is BIG!! I limit what he eats, he getslots of veggies well greens and pellets and hay he is a mini rex he hasto be close to 5 lbs or maybe more! And those sites you gave me arewonderful! Very helpful i use the search in here but sometimes thereare so many topics I have to look through! Thanks again

Latest posts

Back