Feed for a nursing doe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavenderGlenn

Learning from everywhere!
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Well, this is my first time raising rabbits on my own after 24 years of not having them. It's a big new experience that I've gotten great advice during. I have two bucks and a doe of Californians then 1 Argent mix (Creme and Noir I believe) doe that I adopted from a homesteader. Anyhow, my wonderful "Big Momma" has just kindled seven healthy large kits. This is her first litter and she's done wonderful so far. The kits have almost tripled their size in as many days with fat bellies.

I feed her a little alfalfa, unlimited Timothy, Show Pellets from Purina (can't really find a local supplier that's selling better), some fresh Kale (she's 6 feet from my Kale bed) and a little Romaine Lettuce daily.

My question is: In addition to the above, what can I feed her that will "pack" her milk full of nutrients for healthy strong babies with a stronger immune system?

Thank you and much bunny love! :bunny18

There's nothing wrong with Purina Show pellets for your nursing doe. That's what we feed all of our rabbits. It's alfalfa based so you really don't need to give her alfalfa hay, too. The Timothy is fine. Sometimes we'll add a little plain rolled oats to the feed and when she kindles, and for a week after, we give them a little calf manna to help milk production.

There's nothing wrong with Purina Show pellets for your nursing doe. That's what we feed all of our rabbits. It's alfalfa based so you really don't need to give her alfalfa hay, too. The Timothy is fine. Sometimes we'll add a little plain rolled oats to the feed and when she kindles, and for a week after, we give them a little calf manna to help milk production.

Thank you! I haven't been able to find Calf Manna; however, it seems that they're all doing fine with what we have. 14 days strong and healthy large babies.

Latest posts

Back