Feed brands

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sealy

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was smart, I try and sort out nutrition facts and percentages on feed bag labels :? Too much like math to me ;)

I need to know the differences in (simple terms) in the Purina brand and the Honor(Lake Country) brand ( made my Purina , now taken over by Land O Lakes).
I understand the difference in the protien percentage.
I will be feeding both 16 & 18 %'s. ( 16 for all buns except Deea who will get the 18%)
Overall, in general, is one brand better than the other?
I am hoping to show Deea at some point in the future, so will one brand be better for her over the other?

Links:

Purina

and

Honor

~Sealy
* who is confuzzled*

18% protein is really really high, even for a Flemish. Is that what her breeder was feeding her? IMO go with the 17% protein pellet for her- Honor Rabbit Ration. It has high protein but has much better fiber than the other high protein ones. For the 16% go for the Purina Complete Plus, which is their high fiber pellet.

Since I can't see the ingredients for Lake Country it's hard to compare in that way. But it should be ok.

Yep, Deea's breeder feeds the 18%. So I was going to try and keep her on that. So, should I continue with what has been working for her rabbits or still back down to the 17%?

*still confused a bit*

Latest posts

Back