Favorite variety of Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNM

Reaction score
Thought I'd see which colors you mini rex breeders like best. You don't even have to be a breeder of mini rex, just pick a color :)

I bet you all think my favorite variety is Red...not so much. My little sister is obsessed with the color red and that's why we have our herd of mini rex now.

My personal favorite is the chocolate otter. I just love that deep rich chocolate color with the golden undertone. Wish I could get my hands on at least one before we phase out our otter program Tort is a close second, which is funny becasue I dislike tort in all other breedes except min rex

I always liked opal, the color of my first mini-rex, Scone MacBunny.

7648_141432_160000003.jpg

Although, I have to say that pure black, like my present mini-rex Natasha Rabbitova, is very striking, too:

7648_302114_300000002.jpg

Chinchilla is at the bottom of the totum pole along with red, lynx, seal, tort ,and lilac. Pretty colors, I don't know why they aren't more popular

Not Red. lol I do like the Castor's. But Mini Rex's just aren't my favorite breed to raise. They don't have much personality. Just sit there in there pen. I love the Thrianta's and English Lop for more personality.

I saw a magpie once... Almost fell off my couch when I did. She was beautiful. The breeder was an absolute moron though so I decided not to encourage his breeding. :(Made me really sad not to get her though...

I love love otters. All shades. Chinchillas are gorgeous too. I also have a weak spot for a certain broken castor pattern but maybe it's more related to my heart bunny, Wiggles. Really though, mini-rex fur is just so striking that any color is lovely. Even the solid blacks are much more gorgeous than the average bunny... I just love rexes...

You right Nela. I could feel that fur all day long. It's an addiction. That opal is real nice but my weakness since the first time I saw a mini Rex was broken mostly broken black.

No personality???? They have the most curious and loving personality out of all the breeds I have raised.
Mickey is like a love sick puppy, I dare anybody to go past his cages without giving him a pat or rub.

They're also the most trustworthy when it comes to their babies.

Seriously, I want a chocolate or blue otter baby so bad. Just one. Hopefully Juliet will throw one

Tri colors all the way, esp. choc/org which is the only color I dont have at the moment. Plus I love the challenge of breeding them. Next would be black otters and then BEW. :D

I didn't think tri-colors were showable.... there's like one person in LA that has them. Talk about a challenge

Hmm...well since I breed REWs, I'll have to say they're one of my fave varieties of MR. Black Otters definitely tie with REW. :)

I love my MR. I'm surprised they don't find homes as quick as they should because of their amazing fur! :)

Emily

I love Blues for the deep richness of color.
Chinchilla in any breed is one of my favorites
So is tort.
I also love BEWs. The blue eyes are gorgeous.

I love Chin's, Lynx, Brokens, Tri's, Black Otter's, Chocolate Otter's, Sable Points, Black Tort's....!

Latest posts

Back