Favorite books?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanie

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for book recommendations. My problem is that my reading abilities have been in the 12th grade range since 3rd grade, so finding books that are challenging enough for me, appropriate (I try to stay away from swearing and mature content), and finding interesting books is very hard. Anyways, my top 5 in any order are probably:

1) Harry Potter Series (Especially "Prisoner of Azkaban")

2) Song for a Whale

3) Willa and the Whale

4) The Encyclopedia of Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises (nonfiction lol)

5) Chasing at the Surface

So as you can see, most of my favorite books are below my reading level (and mostly about whales), but I read them because they're more appropriate than most 12th grade-level books. I'd like to know what your favorite books are!

Don’t really have favorite books but I can give my top 5 books I have re-read.

1) The host stephenie Meyer first 100 pages is boring until the book starts.

2) The wind-up bird chronical by Haruki Murakami

3) The golden compass series

4) When Jeff comes home by Catherine Atkins

5) Tortured dreams by Hadena James

These are my top 5 but we can also say I have forgotten the names of a few great books I have read. Because my memory is quite bad, I had to look through my bookself to remember the names.

I remember I read a book serie about a crime solving that was really good, the book serie had 5 books and was around 500 to 800 pages per book. I only spent a week to read all the books, I was totally hooked and I don’t remember the name 😅

I'm currently looking for book recommendations. My problem is that my reading abilities have been in the 12th grade range since 3rd grade, so finding books that are challenging enough for me, appropriate (I try to stay away from swearing and mature content), and finding interesting books is very hard. Anyways, my top 5 in any order are probably:

1) Harry Potter Series (Especially "Prisoner of Azkaban")

2) Song for a Whale

3) Willa and the Whale

4) The Encyclopedia of Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises (nonfiction lol)

5) Chasing at the Surface

So as you can see, most of my favorite books are below my reading level (and mostly about whales), but I read them because they're more appropriate than most 12th grade-level books. I'd like to know what your favorite books are!
You should try goodreads, it is a website/app all about books. I like to read nonfiction. Hoopla is a free app where you get 6 e- books, audiobooks or other content each month if your library participates. I really like to read books about non mainstream Christians, cults, decluttering, minimalism and basically making the best life you can. Try goodreads, you will get lots of ideas. I am reading several books at a time but have been into Swedish living books. Lagom I believe is the name.

I'm a big fan of fantasy/sci-fi books

1) Watership Down. It's about wild rabbits trying to find a new home, beautiful writing, I would 100% recommend it to anybody on here if you haven't read it yet. The book is even better than the movie, it's a literary classic

2) The Name of the Wind by Pat Rothfuss; a beautifully written fantasy book, as much as I love it I probably wouldn't recommend it any more tbh I'm not a big fan of its author and it looks like the series won't get finished ever.

3) Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson; another wonderful fantasy book, about a world where color can be turned into magic and animate objects. It's all free online, on the author's website

4) The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin; a classic of sci-fi, about an alien world where sex & gender don't exist, as all people are both male and female

5) Kingbird Highway by Kenn Kaufman; this one is a memoir where the author dropped out a school at 16 to hitchhike across the USA looking for birds

6) H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald; this one is another memoir, about a lady who gets a goshawk to try to get over the death over her father

Latest posts

Back