Fat bunny anonymous part 3!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faith gets 1/4 cup of pellets and quite a bit of hay everyday. She doesn't get unlimited hay, because she inhales it all as soon as we give her any. I keep having these visions of her eating too much and getting really sick because bunnies can't throw up.

Oh, then she gets about half a strawberry and a carrot every day, because she's still young.

She poops aplenty and is a good weight, so I think we are feeding her right.

Oh but they are so cute when they`re plump. Sully is a little junkie - she`s always begging for crackers, pieces of bread and jumps on the kitchen table and runs of with the pizza crust - and then she follows my 18 year old son around because he always gives her stuff like chips or dried fruit and nuts. She is getting a little plump so I have to be careful. She also runs up and down the stairs and pummels the doors in the morning to get everyone up - so she has some muscles in her arms. She is a New Zealand White and weighs 12 lbs. I think thats about right. Well I should be careful with her and make sure she doesn`t get too plump - my younger son calls her a fat polar bear. She is only a year old and doesn`t have much of a dewlap yet - her plumpness is around her shoulders and neck. We all should be careful but a little bit of chub looks so cute and makes them so cuddly.

When a rabbit gets too overweight it can't reach behind for it's cecals. And of course even before that it isn't healthy to eat all that grain-based stuff.

Latest posts

Back