Facial Rubbing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopperz

Reaction score
So I have a couple of questions about some of the things my bunny does. The first thing is that he rubs his face on everything. What does this mean, is it a way for them to "CLAIM" territory? The other thing I wanted to know about, is when I let Mozart out for floor time he will run around and have fun, but then he will stop and dig at the carpet, he also bites it and tries to rip it up. Is there an easy way to get him to stop trying to rip up the carpet? I do not think that it is the chewing habit because he has tp rolls and empty tissue boxes to chew on. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

yea the rubbing his face is called chinning and its like marking territory. totally normal, my bun chin's everything.

digging is normal as bunnys like to digg naturally. my bun used to rip up the rugs to the point i had to put wood down. I made her a dig box with papers and fun stuff that she likes to play in and dig. you may want to try that so she stops on the rug.

good luck

The chinning and rubbing is perfectly normal and is your bunnies way of marking things as his. As for the carpet thing I do not know what to tell you. Both of my girls do the same thing and I do not know how to stop it. I agree with Lisa, is your bow Neutered? That will fix things more than likely. My girls do not chin but they are both spayed.

Latest posts

Back