Eyes not dilating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtsbunmom

Reaction score
After months of thinking that our rescue bunny had eye site issues, we found out today that his eyes are not dilating at all. Has anyone else come across this, as our vet seemed stumped.

Just for more information, our bunny is a year old and nurtured, which had not helped him become any nicer. He attacked our other bunny who he was bonded with; now they are in separate areas. The vet did seem to think that maybe his eye site being off has added to his behavior.
If anyone has dealt with a bunny with eye issues or behavior problems, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In humans at least, this can be caused by inflammation (anterior uveitis). If you can find a veterinary ophthalmologist I would take him there. He may need eye drops. It is possible he is in pain and that can lead to aggression.

Some bunnies with eye problems or bad sight their eyes won’t have a good reflex. You can test how good vision your bunny have.

If it’s something new with the eyes, you will need to check it up more to determine there no other health issue behind the eyes.

Myself have a bunny that have good eye reflex but still have a bad eye sight. He get easily scared and my other bunny scare him quite often which ends with him attacking/lunging which triggers fighting sometimes. He was really sacred before I figured out he has bad eye sight and how to work around it.

It helped him to hear me before I walk near him and do movements, if I sit still and don’t move he often miss me and can get startled if I start moving without doing a sound before. Quite a big hint of bad eye sight when I can just sit 50 cm away from him and he still not noticing I’m there. He can’t handle fast movements and he can get scared by shadows 🙄

Sometimes it would be better he was just blind, so he wouldn’t get so easily scared and being on the guard. When I got him, he always attacked and when he got scared he would run into walls. Myself have managed to see him nearly jumping into walls and doors when he do zoomies because he don’t see the wall coming his way. But after getting used with his surroundings he run into stuff less often ☺️

Latest posts

Back