Eye question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyBabe

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've noticed that recently when Barn has done some pretty intense exercise (many zooms, LOTS of digging etc) his eyes become really wide and seem like they're bulging. When his breathing slows down and he chills out - they're much more normal.

Is that a normal rabbit thing? Should increased blood pumping mean slightly wider / slightly bulging eye?

Thanks in advance :)

Rabbits can bulge their eyes out when exited and/or scared. This is completely normal.

Oh phew thank you! It only happens when he’s really excited - or after he’s had an intense workout, so that would make sense. He doesn’t bulge any other time! Thanks for calming my fears!

does it look like this?

Attachments

• imgbin-domestic-rabbit-holland-lop-pet-tan-rabbit-rabbit-ptyLhe7R0JwhyvVQf8uYtxAuq.jpg
    imgbin-domestic-rabbit-holland-lop-pet-tan-rabbit-rabbit-ptyLhe7R0JwhyvVQf8uYtxAuq.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3
I think so! Here’s his eyes from above!

Attachments

• BDB49033-3940-426D-9F03-8696E68CB784.jpeg
    BDB49033-3940-426D-9F03-8696E68CB784.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5
Completely normal! :) I was just wondering 'cause an eye infection can cause them to bulge out too much.

Thanks so much! I think it’s one of those things when I looked at it TOO much the last few days.... rabbits eyes are actually quite strange! Thanks for you help x

Latest posts

Back