Eye Problems; Pink Eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceil

Reaction score
I came back home to see that one of my rabbits had some sort of eye condition today. I will see a vet to see what exactly is with his eye on Wednesday which has been scheduled already. But until then, any ideas on how I can help him? Here's a bit about his condition and some quickly assumed cases of what he might have.

-Eye is somewhat a red tinted color, along with the "rim" of the eye (( Sorry, don't know my rabbit anatomy that well ))
-White part of eye is visible when opened, looks derped.
-Mostly closed, but sometimes opened
-Rabbit is 2 months old
-No behavioral changes
-No tear-like symptoms
-Happened very suddenly, one second normal, next this.
-Male Rabbit
-Possible Pink Eye, Conjunctivitis, Eye Infection or Eye Inflammation?

Another one of my rabbits had this condition recently, but she's better now. I have some leftover medicine from when she was sick, which includes a liquid (( Will get the name later )) and a gel of some sort which is put on the eye. I don't know if I should give it to my sick rabbit or not. The first time around it was not red, and was always closed. No tear-like things or behavioral changes, just always closed and a bit derped inside is the best way to put it. Basically an eye infection. Also, the other rabbit that had an eye infection of sorts was also only two months old. They're siblings. Both cases seem to be very different... Any ideas on how I should help my rabbit until we visit the vet? And let me know if you would like some pictures to see what exactly is up with him. Whatever gives you the most information.

My rabbit has this problem and till I can get in to see a vet which will unfortunately be next week sometime I have been bathing her eye in Camillie tea, my mom used to do this for me and my siblings when we got pink eye it's actully helping her the redness has gone done a lot and she's no longer rubbing it.
Hope this helped.

My rabbit had some sort of white spot in her eye but we are getting drops for her.

Latest posts

Back