Eye Goop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night my bun was running around my feetwhen I noticed a fairly large piece of eye goop in her eye. It hadn'tsolitified yet and was movingat times and really seemed to beblocking her vision. I finally got her to sit stil enough for her tolet me get it out.

I always thoughteye goop was a sign for sickness. But is eyegoop just to be expected sometimes and is it something I should worrieabout?

Sometimes they'll get just a little eye goop andit's okay. If it's continuous, or if you're also finding goopin the fur around his eye or on his front legs (from washing) then youshould take your bun to the vet.

Some rabbits get irritated eyes from dusty hay and pellets, or fromhousehold cleaners or other things around the house. Once youknow what they're sensitive to, it's easier to prevent.

I would just keep an "eye" on it (pardon thepun). Sounds like she may have gotten alittle fur or irritant in her eye. I keep a saline eye washon hand for eye rinsing.

Pam

Latest posts

Back