Eye discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Today when I got home i was petting haru when I noticed that she has discharge on one of her eyes.
The fur around her eyes was wet and sticky but i didn’t see any color so I think it’s clear. Her eye was wet and there was a smaaalll white discharge in the corner of her eye. I cleaned her eye with saline water and slept for a few hours. When I woke up her eye looked normal but the fur was really stiff, I’m not sure if it’s from the discharge or from the saline. I cleaned her face with a wet cotton pad. She didn’t clean her face after, which was a bit odd.
I think it’s from hay dust but I’m not sure. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures until now. Her eye looks normal and it’s not red. I just see this drop of clear discharge now and I don’t know if it’s normal or not. She doesn’t have balding around her eye, the fur is just stuck together. And the white thing on her fur under her eye is just light reflection.

Attachments

• ACB760D1-0FFC-4DBC-92CD-946C4D805C2C.jpeg
    ACB760D1-0FFC-4DBC-92CD-946C4D805C2C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
She may have just had some debris in her eye causing minor tearing and irritation.

it may be some kind of debris in her eye if she hasn’t flushed it out on her own i would recommend vetricyn eye flush or the gel. it’s pretty pricey but it works so well on my buns i use it all the time. i think you can get it at petco or even tractor supply

Our bunny Dutchess has eye discharge sometimes. Vet said after xrays that her tooth roots near her eye are kind of long. But he doesn’t think it is causing pain. How is your bunny doing?

Our bunny Dutchess has eye discharge sometimes. Vet said after xrays that her tooth roots near her eye are kind of long. But he doesn’t think it is causing pain. How is your bunny doing?
My bunbun has runny eyes for the same reason. Her upper tooth roots are blocking her tear ducts so her tears don't drain properly.

My bunbun has runny eyes for the same reason. Her upper tooth roots are blocking her tear ducts so her tears don't drain properly.
Hello, i found your post and i think my bunny has similar issue.

Have you found any solution towards managing the long root?

And did you have any tear duct flush? Our vet recommends to do so, but i'm keen to wait and seek for people's learning and tips on this matter.

Dutchess is doing much better. I make sure she gets time in her outdoor pen for fresh air and sun every day. She has not had any more need for tooth trimming or tear duct problems. Vet flushed her tear ducts about a year ago.

Hi @Darojati, Miley has had her tear ducts flushed a few times and it has never caused her any problems, it clears her eyes up for a couple of months.

Unfortunately nothing can be done for the root problems except keeping the crowns at a decent length the avoid too much pressure on the roots.

I would have the little chequed out

My girl from the original gang had the same problem . Come to find out she had an abscess .

Latest posts

Back