EXTREMELY URGENT - flooded cottontail nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idontknowbunnies

Reaction score
It’s been raining non stop in the Dallas Area today. My son went outside and found a nest of bunnies covered in water and completely destroyed. There were 4 bunnies total but 2 drowned and we weren’t able to save them. I tried to look for the dried grass and the covering for the bunnies nest but I’m assuming it was carried away by water. I put the two baby bunnies in a dry blanket for now.
how can I rebuild their nest or what’s the best thing for us to do? The nest is in a location that floods every time it rains. We live in an apartment complex so I can’t put anything outside in the common areas. I really need help! I’m not sure what to do with these babies. I can’t keep them long either. I’m worried about how they will get fed.

@Idontknowbunnies thank you for your care and compassion! Judging from your name, you're not really one of "us" (I mean that in the best way possible, we're all mad here 😂 😂 ), but from your response to this event, you are a wonderful person. I just wanted to publicly thank you for what you did; I wish more people in the world were like you!

This just proves you don't have to be "crazy rabbit people" to care about our little world!

THANK YOU!!!

I rehabbed for many years prior to transitioning to domestic rescue. Ditto on above. Thank you for caring and wanting them to survive. A large majority of humans wouldn't give a darn.

My love for lagormorphs grew strong as I cared for vulnerable orphaned baby cottontails or injured juveniles for numerous years. - I stay in touch with my rehab friend and we frequently converse!

Stay safe little ones, and my Immense Gratitude for your kind actions.

Attachments

• JSBPhotoCR_ConcussionBLRpluskitsRehabPhoto.jpg
    JSBPhotoCR_ConcussionBLRpluskitsRehabPhoto.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back