Extremely mad at my bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbunnies

Reaction score
Stupid me, I thought I had put my 200 dollar headphones wire out of danger of their teeth, but come back after building them a hidey-place, the cord is severed completely in two. I cannot describe how furious I am right now. With any luck my dad might be able to reattach the wires with electrical tape and have it still work, but that is a vain hope. Sometimes having bunnies can be not so pleasing.

UHg, not cool.

Archie chewed my tread mill track the other day. It still works fine but if he would have ruined my $800 treadmill I would not have been happy :)

But they are so darn cute......hehe

Nasty little chewers!!! :) Headphones shouldn't be too hard to fix. Just splice the wires and tape it up.

Awe sorry to hear that! My bunny is a nasty chewer too, he always seems to chew on everything but his toys. Its easy to forgive though, hes too cute

Just remember IT'S NOT YOUR RABBITS FAULT.

Your rabbit was doing what rabbits do best.

Just learn from the incident.

larryng wrote:
Just remember IT'S NOT YOUR RABBITS FAULT.

Your rabbit was doing what rabbits do best.

Just learn from the incident.

:yeahthat:

No, it is my fault completely. You can't expect a rabbit not to chew. My dad spliced them for me but the sound is so low now that they are unusable. However, I am going to ask my friend to solder them to see if it makes a difference... fingers crossed...

I have 3 permanently free roaming rabbits (every room except the bathroom) and I've learnt to only use cheap headphones unless they're temporarily shut out of a room. :rollseyes Every set gets devoured eventually.

Well, Mischa has pretty much gotten through every bunny-proof I did. I've been waiting for cord protectors in the mail but they have not come. She has to be caged when I am gone and at night because she can't stop chewing (she has plenty of toys and unlimited hay). It's unfair to her but she's already ruined my $200 headphones, a phone charger, and an extension cord. I have had to wrap my fan multiple times with electrical tape until the protective tubes come in.

I feel bad that she has to be caged (I am using an x-pen), but I am really at my wit's end with her atm.

You could try teaching her what she's not allowed to chew on. It may work with her. Try the clapping your hands together and telling her 'NO', or if that doesn't work you could try a spray bottle if she doesn't listen after you've told her 'no'.

I feel your pain...came into the spare room their in and they had ripped up a whole corner of carpet in the closet and we hadn't even lived here a month *slams ead on desk* omg hubby was maaaad...but that was my fault..now running murphy into her cage for me to clean in there and move stuff in and out..i let her out and she ran and peed on the pillow..and if she finds a cord she will thump before she bites it. I am slowly being trained to not upset her

For cord protectors I bought vinyl tubbing from Home Depot and split it down the middle myself. Worked pretty well and was cheep (~$6 for 20ft).

Latest posts

Back