Experimenting with greens!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selbert

Reaction score
Hi all!

Lately the buns and I have been experimenting with all sorts of greens! We started off simple, knowing new foods should be introduced gradually, but now we've got some really good salads for lunchtime treats!

The favourite at the minute is: baby spinach leaves, parsley, a tiny bit of carrot (the ends from cooking), a tiny bit of banana (or banana chips for an extra crunch) and if they've been especially good a few craising on top!

I've been exploring so many different greens and veg combinations, it's been great! I've even improved my own diet (justifying buying expensive greens by eating them myself haha)!

I want to know what you guys treat your buns to! What special greens and veggies do your fluffies love the most?!

I've read online that you can bake treats for rabbits also, but I much prefer fruit and veg. Does anyone bake treats? Are they good?

Much bunny love!
Selina
:brownbunny
xx

My female Shya's favorite is the Belgian Endive. It's super expensive stateside for one little thing of it! Like four dollars a head and it's gone in two days! She's off craisins, banana's, and bell peppers for now so the only thing I can really bribe her with is Cpt. Crunch.

Having a rabbit has improved my diet as well, I eat way more greens!

My guy loves Kale, green leaf, red leaf, baby spinach, parsley, cilantro, basil, carrot tops, and bell peppers.

For treats I give blueberries, craisins, strawberries, mango, banana, apple, carrot, and these baked treats from oxbow. I usually only give fruit as treats, not as a part of his normal diet. Although who am I kidding, he gets a treat every night before bed because I'm a sucker and can't say no to that cute face!

Latest posts

Back