Experiences with cryptorchid neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentleyBun

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 2.5 year old holland lop who weighs about 2.7lbs. I got him when he was 9 weeks and when he was 6 months old I had initially wanted to neuter him. After reseaching some articles online (including reserach articles) and talking with the vet, it was said that if there wasn't any issues such as aggression, humping or spraying then testicular cancer is very rare. so at the time I decided not to neuter him.

about a year ago I was trimming some of his butt fur as occasionally he gets mats and noticed that I was only able to feel one testicle. I took and look and there was only 1 and the other side did not have a sac. So now with the increase risk, I am looking to neuter him.

So my question is does anyone have experiences with a cryptorchid neuter? I am still on the hunt of a vet who has more experience than my other vet. I know depending on where the testicle is located can affect where they would have to search and retrieve, but wanted to see if there was anyone with experince.

Also, does anyone know what is used for rabbits when under anesthesia? is it different for a dog vs a rabbit? and does the dosage different based on weight?

That's interesting I never knew they could do that. I always though they would just suck of the testes and leave the scrotal sac.

Latest posts

Back